Thursday 24 July 2014

What Should I do?


The next morning I woke with Joel practically covering my body.  His head was on my chest and he was hugging me close.  My alarm was blaring and I knew I had to get up out of bed.  I had to work the early shift; I slid out from under Joel and hopped into the shower.  When I came out he was sitting up in bed rubbing his eyes.

Joel: “Where are you going?”

Me: “I have to work the early shift, go back to sleep...I will be home shortly.”

Joel: “I’ll walk you” He slid out of bed and started to get dressed.

Me: “No stay here, I’ll be fine. I was doing this long before you came around...”

Joel shot me a look.  “NO I will walk you!  It’s dark out still.”

I knew not to mess with him, even though I had wondered what angry sex would be like with him.  I shook my head and got my mind back on track.  I slid on my black skirt and black polo shirt, put on some basic makeup; eyeliner and mascara.  Slid on my ring, grabbed my apron, hair tie and purse.  He was dressed and sitting on the bed.  I moved over to him and he slid his hands up my thighs and grabbed my ass. 

Joel: “This is far too sexy for you to wear to work.”

Me: “Well this is how I make my tips, being sexy” I rolled my eyes.

He slapped my ass playfully and we moved towards the elevator.  I knew I had to get going but I would give anything to crawl back into bed with this man.  We walked hand in hand to work, it wasn’t too far.  I asked if he wanted to come in and get some breakfast but he declined.  Joel pushed me against the brick wall and kissed me as if his life depended on it.  His hand was creeping up my skirt again and gripped my ass.  I giggled and pulled away; he smiled and turned to walk back home.

I got inside and Arianna was there already.  She smiled at me and I blushed as I moved to the back and put my stuff in my locker.  I tied my hair back and put on my apron and went back out to help set up.  We turned the radio up loud and were dancing around and setting up for breakfast.  I had long forgotten about those texts from Craig, it had been months since I had heard from him before that, let alone seen him.  And I wanted to keep it that way.  The past is in the past, and that is exactly where it was going to stay. 

We turned down the radio and opened the doors to the restaurant.  We had the coffee freshly brewed and were awaiting our usual rush of suits coming to get their coffee on their way to work.   After the morning rush, we had our morning regulars come in and order their breakfast.  I always marvelled at the elder couples that came in daily to have breakfast, lunch or dinner, and how much in love they were.  I wished I could have that one day.  As I was walking towards the next table, I introduced myself and asked if they were ready to order a beverage.  When the menu dropped there was Chloe...in all her PREGNANT glory.  I rolled my eyes and went to walk away when she called out to me. 

Chloe: “Bella wait please!”

Me: “What do you want?” I said quietly through gritted teeth.

Chloe: “I miss us!  Please I know I made a huge mistake, but you know how charismatic he is!  I fell for it again and again and ...”

Me: “NO what you did was unforgivable.  I honestly thought you had gotten the message before.  But clearly you are as dense as the table you are sitting at.  I see you are pregnant, I hope that you and Craig will be very happy together....you are what 6 months along?”

I walked away and asked Arianna to take the table.  I knew Arianna would not be pleasant to her as she knew exactly who she was.  I saw Chloe walk out with her shades on, and her face all blotchy.  Arianna came back to the bar where I was standing guard and she told me that Chloe had opened the flood gates when I left.  She started crying and saying it wasn’t Craig’s baby.  That she had learned her lesson after Craig’s mother called her every name in the book.  I just rolled my eyes, like I could believe anything that came out of her mouth anyway.

We went about the day, which was way busier than usual.  The tips were amazing; I knew they would come in handy when I went back to school.  We finished our shift and I was grabbing my purse when I heard my name being called from the front.  I walked back through the floor and saw my man waiting for me with a big smile.  I was in heaven; I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.  In my flats he was a good foot taller than me.  I was looking up at him when he leaned down to whisper “come home with me.”  I looked at him questioningly. 

Me:  “What do you mean come home with you?”

Joel: “Come to California....”

Me: “WHAT?”

Joel: “We don’t have to live there, we can live anywhere, New York, Toronto, Victoria, hell Bella we can move to a small Podunk town anywhere.....we just need a fresh start together.”

Me: “I .... I don’t know....my life is here.....”

Joel: “No your past is here haunting you....just think about it.  At least take a trip with me, come home with me....see if you want to live there....”

Me: “Joel I just got back to work...I can’t exactly just walk away again.  I’d lose my job.”

I realized we were standing in the middle of my work, and grabbed his hand and led him out of the restaurant.  We needed to discuss this in private, or at least not here.  I waved to Arianna as we walked out. 

As we walked home in silence we had a lot to discuss.   Could I do this move?  What would Candice do if we showed up together?

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I'm not getting a lot of feed back but I'm getting a lot of hits on the page count so I'm headed in the right direction. I'm working on the latest post right now. If you haven't already vote on what you think Bella should do!

      Delete
  2. I hope he goes with Joel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I want Bella to go with him. Craig & Chloe are dragging her down!
    Great post again!

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete