Tuesday 15 July 2014

Can You Take the Soldier Out of the Fight?


I smiled at Joel and kissed him gently.  He stretched out in my bed and pulled me on top of him as he rested his hands on my hips “so what should we do tonight?” he asked coyly as he pushed himself against me, fully hard and ready to go.  I giggled, like a school girl, and moved off of him and grabbed his shirt and slid it on. 

“Well if you’re planning on staying here for, what, a few days I guess we should get your stuff and bring it here.  And maybe get some actual food into our system.  Then maybe we can go for a walk along the beach.”

He groaned in disappointment but shook his head and got out of bed.  He walked towards me and tried to grab me by the shirt and pull me into the shower but I knew if we started down that path, we would never leave.  I shook my head no and pointed him towards the shower.  He pouted and headed for the shower, and I finally took the opportunity to see what Craig was saying.  I knew he was mad, but he wasn’t my boyfriend or my fiancée, I didn’t have to answer to him.

6:45pm ‘Bella I am downstairs, are you ready?’

6:50pm ‘Bella are you home? I’ve tried calling’

7:00pm ‘Ok, I know you don’t know what restaurant.  Did you forget?’

7:10pm ‘I’m starting to worry, no one will tell me where you are’

7:15pm ‘ISABELLA!! Answer me!!’

7:30pm ‘You’re such a bitch, why are you doing this?!’

7:35pm ‘I didn’t mean that baby, please talk to me, are you ok?’

7:45pm ‘My buddy said he saw you last night, are you with someone?’

7:50pm ‘We haven’t even been apart a month and you’re in bed with someone already?’

7:55pm ‘You must be you slut!  You were wrapping your legs around someone else?’

I shook my head and sighed.  Who the hell did he think he was?! He was bedding my best friend and he has the nerve to call ME a slut?!  I didn’t owe him a response but that stubborn streak in me responded as classy as possible...

‘WOW! You really know how to win a girl back huh? Is calling a girl, whom you supposedly love, a slut a compliment in Australia? Because here in Canada it warrants an ass kicking!!  I do not owe you any explanations on where I was last night or any night in the future, since you decided to bed my best friend and failed to mention it.  I was honestly going to hear you out, but now I don’t ever want to see you again! Cancel everything, including the rehearsal dinner.  And TELL YOUR PARENTS HOW YOU FUCKED IT UP!”  I hit send and threw my phone on the dresser.  I knew it started out classy, but I just couldn’t let him get away with calling me names.

Joel came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.  His scars now clearly visible and I still wanted to lick every one of them.  It was incredible what this man could do to my libido.  My phone instantly rang and I knew exactly who it was.  I hung my head and shook it.  “WHY WON’T HE LEAVE ME ALONE???”  I screamed.

Joel walked around to the side of the bed and then grabbed the phone and was going to answer it.  I took it from him gently and shook my head.  I knew it was better for this to stay between us.  Especially since I didn’t know how long I would have Joel in my life.  And I wasn’t about to let Craig tarnish any second of our time together.  He looked concerned but I answered the phone...

Me: “WHAT?”

Craig: “Well Good Evening to you too!  Where are you?”

Me: “Why is that any of your business??”

Craig: “Because we had a date, and you had obviously forgotten.  So who is he?”

Me: “What the hell are you talking about? I don’t owe you any explanations.”

Joel whispered something to me and I put my hand over his mouth but it was too late.

Craig: “WHO is that?? There is someone there isn’t there?”

Me: “It’s none of your business, I’m hanging up now.”

I hung up on him and shook my head.  I knew that wasn’t the last I’d hear from Craig.  He wasn’t used to not getting his way, and this would be NO exception.  I walked around Joel silently and headed to the bathroom.  I shut the door and turned on the shower.  I didn’t want to shut him out, but I needed my time.  I heard the door open and I felt Joel get in behind me.  I had one hand on the wall and was leaning under the shower head.  He gripped me around the waist and slowly turned me to look at him.

“What is going on?  Is Craig harassing you?” He asked genuinely concerned. 

“Yes and no.  We were to be married in a few months.  Needless to say that isn’t happening anymore, and it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him.  I don’t even live here, this is Monroe’s city loft and I’m only here until I figure out my next step.”  I didn’t feel it was necessary to tell the whole sorted detailed horror story.

Joel nodded as I gave him a brief run down.  I reached for my washcloth and body soap needing to soap away my stress.  Joel grabbed them and lathered me up and massaged my shoulders.  We stood in silence in the shower, and I was in heaven.  He washed my entire body and my hair.  I kicked him out when I had to shave my legs; I could do that on my own.  He laughed and went to wait in the bedroom.  I finished up quickly, grabbed a towel and headed into the bedroom. Joel wasn't there and neither was my phone. I walked into the living room and saw him on the balcony....on my phone.  I was having a severe déjà vu moment.  I heard Joel trying to be calm and collected on the phone, and if it was Craig on the other end, it wouldn't stay that way for long....

Joel: “Look don’t call her names.  She is a great woman and you’re the one who lost her.  I don’t know what happened because she has too much class to air dirty laundry.  But I am telling you that I care for her and I don’t like...”

I figured someone cut him off...

Joel: “LOOK! I am not scared of you!  You want to talk to her that way and I will make sure it’s the last time..."
Joel: "FINE TRY TO COME HERE THEN I’LL BE WAITING...”

He hung up and turned around and I was standing in my towel my hair dripping down my back with a shocked look on both of our faces......

6 comments:

  1. Heck yes! I love a man who defends his woman. & i still think Craig is a frickin sleazeball! Sorry for blowing up your comments, I had to catch up! Can't wait for the next post!

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New post is up!
      Thank you for the comments! I haven't been getting many so I wasn't sure if anyone was reading...

      Delete
  2. Definitely reading! Just found you today. I don't see sleep happening foe a bit while I catch up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad you found me! I hope you didn't lose too much sleep catching up!

      Delete
  3. I just found you too and am loving both your writing and the storyline. Joel is a true man and Craig needs to learn what that is! Can't wait to read the next post.

    ReplyDelete