Tuesday 15 July 2014

Drunken Truth?


We stood staring at each other, my wet hair forming a puddle on the ground behind me.  He walked closer and I looked up at him.  I knew he did it because he didn’t want to see me upset, but Craig is not worth him getting hurt.

“What just happened?”  I asked calmly.

“Baby I’m sorry he just kept calling and I wanted to just set him straight.  I wasn’t looking for a fight at all, I just don’t like you upset.”  He responded as he walked back to the bedroom.

“Where are you going?” I followed him.

“I’m going downstairs to wait for him; I don’t want him coming up here Bella.  No woman should ever be talked to like that....EVER!  He needs to be taught a lesson....and maybe I need to teach it to him.”  He said as he put on his shoes.

I went out to the living room and got my key access so Joel couldn’t get downstairs.   I knew he was just standing up for me, but Craig is the type that would call the police, and I couldn’t let Joel go down for something like that.  I walked calmly into the bedroom and started getting dressed.  I knew I would feel tight later for not putting on lotion but this was way more important. 

I was pulling on some jeans and a t-shirt Joel walked in and stared at me in the mirror “Give me the access Bella, please.”  I smiled and applied some moisturizer to my face and shook my head.  I proceeded to put on some light make up and brush my hair.  He came up behind me and looked at me again and said sternly “Bella...”

I turned to face him wrapping my arms around his waist “you’re not going anywhere without me.  And you are not going to get arrested for me.  Trust me he will call the cops, he’s that type.  Joel....just stay here with me for a few moments.  If he comes I will go down and you can come down after...but I need to handle this....not you.”  Joel responded by holding me close and saying “ok fine” followed by a kiss on the top of my wet head.  We stood like that for a few minutes before I heard the buzzer.  I grabbed a hair tie and tied my hair up and kissed Joel softly before I went downstairs in the elevator.

When I reached the bottom I sent the elevator back up with the key card in it, and walked towards the front door.  There was Craig, waiting outside leaning against someone’s car.  I could tell instantly he had been drinking heavily.  “Well Well Well...” he slurred as I approached him.

“WHAT are you doing here?  It’s after 11pm and I don’t need any kind of disturbance at this building.  I’m only staying her temporarily until I find my own place.”

C: “Isssaaabeeellllaaa, you’re a slut”

Me: “Craig you’re drunk go home!”

C: “Noooooooo! I am waiting for your friend to come downstairs” he started to stagger toward the building. 

Me: “No! You’re going home!  Don’t make me call your brother or the police.  Please go home and sleep it off.  You’ve been drinking and you need to go home before you do something stupid.”

C: “The only thing stupid was I believed you loved me.  You jumped into bed with the first guy you met.  Chloe meant nothing to me, you are my everything.......”

Me: “Go Home!”

C: “What he sent you down to fight his battle?”

Me: “There is no battle.....GO HOME!”

I saw Joel coming and waved him to back off.  He stood back but I knew if Craig tried anything he would pounce on him.  I grabbed my phone and called Craig’s brother Jamie. 

Jaime: “Hello?”

Me: “Jamie, its Isabella.  Please tell me you’re home.”

Jamie: “Yes.  But why are you calling me? Is that Craig in the background...oh SHIT! He’s drunk!  Where is he?”

Me: “Outside of my building causing a scene.  I’m trying to keep it contained but I would appreciate some help here.  I don’t want to have to call the police.  And I am hoping my neighbours haven’t either.” I gave Jamie the address which he said wasn’t too far from him and he was on his way.

I hung up and Craig looked at me, with his bloodshot eyes, I knew he would regret this in the morning.  I really was hoping to end this amicably but clearly this wasn’t in the cards...at least not tonight. 

C: “How could you Isabella? I loved you with my whole heart and you ....you are a cold hearted bitch.  You left me and then jumped into bed with the next guy you meet?”

Me: “Craig, I am seriously not taking anything to heart here, thought I know alcohol fuels truth sometimes.  You will regret this tomorrow morning.  Please just sit down and keep your mouth shut.”

C: “Don’t tell me what to do....” and that’s when he moved towards me and grabbed my shoulders and push me towards the wall. I saw Joel fly out of the door and grab Craig and swing him around and pin him to the wall.

Joel: “don’t you EVER touch her....or any woman like that again”

Jamie came running down the street as I was prying Joel off of Craig.  I was able to get Joel off of Craig who slid down the wall and was crying.  I gently pushed Joel away to move him from the situation while Jamie got Craig off the ground.

Jamie: “Thanks for calling me and not the police Bella.  I’m so sorry for all of this.  He will regret it in the morning.  And if it’s any consolation...he’s been broken since you left.”

I nodded and watched as Jamie held Craig up and walked him to his car.  Joel had his arms tightly wrapped around me while he death glared the two of them walking away.  I have to admit as angry as I was, I was still a little heartbroken for Craig.  I knew he would take it hard, but I didn’t think it would be this bad....

1 comment:

  1. He's got no reason to take it bad or be heartbroken. He did it to her.

    ReplyDelete