Wednesday 2 July 2014

First Down...


“Monroe!! YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!” I said as I slapped him on the arm.  I leaned against the building giggling to myself.  Holding on to the groceries I leaned forward and started to walk back towards the loft. 

“I got nervous, I tried calling you but you didn’t answer and Craig wasn’t there so I wanted to make sure you were ok.  I know he’s not a psycho, but still....” I smiled and held out the beer  for him to carry, which he took and then looked into the bag I had and smiled “It smells amazing, and it’s still in the bag! I knew having you move in would be an amazing idea!” he winked as he said the last part.  I giggled as we walked towards the building.  As we got closer I saw a woman standing in front with dark sunglasses on.  I knew it was Chloe....

I sighed knowing I would have to face it sometime.  “What are you doing here?” I said as we approached her.  I gave the once over and Monroe stared at her with malice. 

“Bella can we talk? Alone?” She glanced back and forth between Monroe and me.

“Anything you want to say you can say in front of Monroe.  I’m going to tell him anyway” I said with impatience.  I just wanted this to be over with so I can move on. 

“Can we at least go inside?” She asked to which my quick response was “Nope, why do you deserve privacy?!  I sure as hell don’t owe you anything”.

She sighed and started talking, at a decibel just above a whisper.  I was straining to hear her and finally just had enough and yelled “SPEAK THE FUCK UP.  No use in trying to be secretive anymore...”

“Bella I am so sorry.  I honestly don’t know what came over me or why I did it.  You didn’t deserve it and I was a shitty friend.  Craig is so charismatic and I fell for it....HARD.  Will you forgive me?”

I swear I almost started laughing in her face.  I looked at Monroe who had a smirk on his face too.  He was just about to burst I could see his shoulders shaking in the tell tale sign he was going to explode.  “Forgive you??? FOR GIVE YOU!! You have to be out of your ever loving mind.  First you screw my fiancée not once but for 6 months, you send me pictures of the two of you together, you call me a frigid, i catch you red handed with your whore legs wrapped around my fiancée in MY OWN HOME and you want me to just forgive and forget?!  Whatever medication your doctor gave you for pain, I want some because it appears to alter reality! You can turn around and forget you ever knew me, don’t call me, don’t come by here, and don’t email me, EVER!  You can have Craig and I hope you two will be very happy together.  You both deserve each other” I turned to walk into the building, leaving her out on the sidewalk.  I sighed as we walked in and she stood watching Monroe and I get into the elevator and leave her there.

I finally felt a little bit of closure.  I thought to myself 1 down, 1 to go.  I knew Chloe was out of my life forever and I was a little sad about it.  We had been bffs since we were in kindergarten, but no amount of apologies was going to remove those words and the image that is forever burnt into my brain.  When Monroe and I got upstairs I went to the kitchen and busied myself with assembling some lunch for my friends.  While I was busy preparing a platter for my friends, Monroe went about putting on the soccer game in the background, chilling some beer and wine, and setting out some plates and utensils.  I put everything out on the island and smiled.   I was home.

Shortly after I could hear Duane speaking loudly as they door opened and in came the crew carrying boxes of my belongings.  Duane put the first box down and came over and hugged me “I got you a storage locker and put all the furniture in there.  Oh by the way we cleaned him out.  We left the bedroom set and a TV.  Anything else that wasn’t nailed down we took.”  I gasped and then started laughing.  “Duane the bedroom set and a TV was all I paid for, everything else was his.”

“Oh well, he can buy new stuff, he owes you that much” he said.  I nodded knowing he was not going to take the stuff back to Craig; in fact I am sure that Duane would’ve done damage had Craig been there and tried to stop him.  I hugged him and lead him to the table first showing him the spread and then told him the beer was in the fridge.  I told the crew to come and eat and have a drink.  I thanked them all profusely for all their help and support during this difficult time. 

“I don’t want you all to think you have to choose sides.  We’ve all been friends for a long time and I will not hold it against any of you if you want to remain friends with Craig and or Chloe.  But I do ask that you do not try to play mediator and fix things.  It’s over and I’ve had that discussion with Chloe already today.”

They all nodded with mouths full of bread, cheese or meats.  I stood back and looked at them all laughing and joking together while watching soccer.  I smiled and thought to myself...... My family is here and I am home. 

Now I just had to break the news to my parents.......

***I have  7 followers....if I reach 10 by this evening, or have more than 7 comments for this post (which does not mean 7 comments from 1 single person lol) I will post a bonus update by midnight tonight!!***

11 comments:

  1. Its nice to see that she is standing up for herself but also strong enough to know its unfair to ask people to pick sides (not that I would understand why anyone would want to stay friends with Craig and Chloe). I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Bella is trying to be mature about this. I personally have been in situations where it can be a clear divide, and some where the gauntlet is thrown down and you have to choose a side.

      I am working on another post right now, so if the challenge is met, it will be posted tonight. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yayy! Glad she got closure with Chloe! && Being an adult about the whole friend situation too ! Your blog is becoming one if my favorites ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know it takes me forever to post, but the last few weeks have been nothing but weddings and work. I am slowly building my posts back up so I can post a more regular schedule.
      Bella did get closure with Chloe....though there is still Craig that she has to confront....hopefully it goes smoothly..

      Delete
  3. I am glad she stuck up for herself to Chloe, I hope she will do the same to Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe is lucky she didn't get punched in the face again. She's got some nerve thinking she'd be forgiven

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE MISSED YOUR POSTS! Glad she told Chloe where to stick it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe Chloe had the nerve to ask for forgiveness so nonchalantly, like it wasn't a big deal she was sleeping with her best friend's man for months...she's kinda acting like she's a victim of his cheating too. I'm also curious how Bella will be around Craig again, if she'll fall for his charm and get back into his life as I remember her saying in a previous post that she caught him the day of the rehearsal dinner and I don't think when she caught them it was their rehearsal dinner...can't wait to read what happens! (Accidentally deleted my comment I made before, opps!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe Chloe thought Bella would let it go! Honey, you slept with her fiancé. Uh uh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe is a horrible bitch lol. How dare she ask for forgiveness? She was a terrible friend! So glad you are posting again!

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete