Monday 7 July 2014

Timing is Everything....


I sat there shell shocked over what had just come out of his mouth.  A few weeks ago he was fucking my best friend against a wall in our condo and now he’s asking me out to dinner?!  I started to laugh hysterically, but it wasn’t because the situation was funny but more because I was nervous.  I knew what my heart wanted but my head was about ready to close line it into submission.  I closed my eyes and tried to bring my laughter under control.  I opened my eyes and looked over at him and he looked shocked that I was laughing.

“You can’t be serious!  After all that is happened you are asking me out on a date?!”  I asked incredulously. 

“Bella, I Love You! I’ve always said that to you!  Please one dinner, don’t push me away so easily.  I haven’t told my parents that the wedding is off.  Please Isabella....”

I don’t know why I said it but I knew he would not let up “FINE! One dinner.”

Craig smiled and nodded his head in success.  He was so happy he knew the hard part was over.  I however was instantly regretting giving in so easily.  But let’s face it; I still loved him despite all that had happened.  Even if it was just a little bit, it was enough for me to give in.  I knew I couldn’t get that image of him and Chloe out of my head, but maybe there was hope for a friendship one day.

We sat in silence as he finished his wine and then stood up to leave.  “I’ll be here tomorrow at 7pm to pick you up.  I love you Bella.”  He called the elevator up and as he was getting in he was smiling at me.  He got in and waved at me.  He knew as well as I did that as soon as he walked through that door that he would’ve been able to talk me into almost anything.  But he was wise enough to tread lightly.

I stood there shaking my head wondering what I had gotten myself into.  But I knew I had to call Monroe and tell him.  I knew he would be upset, but he never judged me.  And I knew I needed to look hot for dinner.  I wandered back in to the bedroom to survey the clothes I had to choose from.  Everything that Craig has already seen me in and I knew I needed to get something new and hot, I was beyond impressing him but I needed to feel confident and sexy as hell to show him what he’s lost.

I sighed to myself and knew I had to call him.  I couldn’t call anyone else, I already knew my mother was orchestrating a reconciliation otherwise why would she tell Craig where to find me.   I couldn’t believe it, but I figured my mom was hoping it just wasn’t true.  She really liked Craig.  I picked up the phone and texted Monroe Hey; give me a call when you have a chance.  You will never believe who was just here.

I needed to get out.  I couldn’t just sit in the studio and mope and fester over what had just happened.  I called Michelle right after.  She was always down to go out, I told her I needed a night out and she gladly agreed.  I told her just us 2, I wasn’t in the mood for a group and I needed to go out dancing.  She squealed with excitement and said let her arrange everything, just be ready by 9pm.

I grabbed my red mini dress and my sexiest underwear.  Went to the bathroom and did my makeup and swept my hair half up and curled the ends.  I went to the bedroom and slid on the dress, and it hugged me in all the right spots.  I dabbed on some perfume and packed up my clutch.  Just as I slid on my black pumps I heard my phone ring.  I answered it and all I heard was “GET YOUR SEXY ASS DOWNSTAIRS NOW!!”  I started laughing knowing it was Michelle.  I grabbed my keys and headed for the elevator.  I shoved my phone into my clutch and headed for the cab.  I was excited for a night out of debauchery.  I know I had to go back to work soon, so I was determined to get as much in as I could before I threw myself back into work.

We pulled up in front of a nightclub with a huge line up around the corner.  I sighed resigning that we would be spending the night in the line up before even getting close to the door.  I went to head for the end of the line and she grabbed my arm and shook her head and lead me to the bouncers, who ushered us right inside.  I looked at her and she smiled, I knew she called a head to see if her friends were working.  I hugged her as we headed inside.  I was ready to let loose, and party it up.  We headed for the bar and ordered a round of drinks and shots.  I gave the girl my credit card to run a tab for us and we headed on to the dance floor. 

After an hour of bumping and grinding we headed back to the bar for a drink and shot.  I was having so much fun I had forgotten all about my impending date tomorrow evening.  I needed some fresh air so after we had finished our drinks and shots we headed outside to the smoking area.  I knew Michelle had a pack of smokes so I pinched one off her.  While we were standing outside smoking I told her all that had happened earlier and how Craig and I are going to dinner tomorrow night.  Her face dropped and then she started laughing “Well that explains why you needed out....let’s get you laid!”  I laughed and stated I didn’t need to get laid.

We went back inside and headed over to the bar, we were waiting so I decided to check my phone.  I had a couple messages from Monroe whom was asking what was going on and threatening to come back home, I quickly messaged him that I was out with Michelle and would call him tomorrow.  And there was a number that was not registered in my phone “Bella, I think I just saw you.  If it was you and this is still your number you look fantastic.”   I scrunched my nose and shook my head slightly.  The number looked familiar but I couldn’t place it.  I showed it to Michelle who quickly grabbed it and responded with “come to the bar and show yourself”.  I cursed her under my breath, hoping it wasn’t some guy I had gone on a date with, pre Craig, before ending it quickly because they weren’t my type.  I gave her a look and turned back to the bartender to order; while we were waiting I felt a presence and then a tap on my shoulder.   I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around....

3 comments:

  1. sigh.. where's my shovel...? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even put into words how much I hate Craig lol. Ill die if they get back together.

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete