Friday 29 August 2014

Truth and Time...


After our dance fest, dinner and walk around downtown; I knew that it was just over a week before I was leaving all I knew behind me and moving away.  I was a little sad, but more excited to be starting a new chapter of my life with an amazing man.  When we got home we watched The Breakfast Club.  Just like old times!

Monroe had left for the airport the next afternoon, and I already missed him.  I was working the dinner shift, so I had a few hours to kill before I had to leave.  I grabbed my phone from my purse and plugged it in to charge.  I didn’t even pay attention to the quiet buzz it was making periodically to let me know that I had messages.

I went and showered and got myself ready for work.  I was doing anything to keep myself busy, keep my mind off missing Joel, and letting it think the worst when it came to Candice.  I knew it was not going to be so easy to shake her, but I had to put my trust somewhere, right?! I don’t think he would hurt me...

I walked out and grabbed my phone I had a few texts from Monroe letting me know he got to the airport safely, that he’d arrived safely and that he had begun his master planning of the dinner next Friday night.   I had one from a number that wasn’t in my phone; I figured it was just one of those telemarketer texts I get from places I’ve signed up.  I opened it up and a tear wet my cheek when I saw the picture and the text:

I am not so easy to say goodbye to Bitch!  You think he loves you?!  He was with me as soon as he left you.  I wouldn’t even bother packing, no point in moving out here when he’s not going to stay with you.  If I so much as see you anywhere in San Francisco...trust me it won’t be pretty.

I didn’t know what to believe.  I knew I had to ask Joel, but who would be able to tell me the truth??  And how the fuck did she get my number????  I was enraged; crying and ready to throw my entire plan out the window.  This is when I needed a friend, I needed a sounding board.  I needed someone who was technologically capable to tell me when this photo was taken.....I called into work sick, I know it was last minute but I was in no mood to be cheerful.  I called Michelle and asked her to come over.  Thirty minutes later there was a knock at my door.

Michelle: “Ok what is going on?  I got the email from Monroe about the Bon Voyage dinner....I brought ice cream, wine and beer....I didn’t know what to make of your text message.”

Me: “Come in and I will show you...”

I grabbed the beer from her arms and put them in the fridge.  On my way I grabbed my phone and some glasses, cork screw and spoons.  This was definitely a wine and ice cream moment.  I pulled up the text as I uncorked the wine.  I poured it into the glasses as she gasped.

Michelle: “What did Joel have to say? And who the fuck is this?”

Me: “That would be Candice.  Apparently she is one of his exes or something.  I won’t lie to you, I haven’t called him yet.  But one thing you should know...when we first started to entertain the idea of us being together, he was back home and he got drunk and ended up in bed with her.  We weren’t exclusive, but he said it was a mistake.  Now this shows up......”

Michelle: “Wow!  Are you working the rest of this week?  We can make and impromptu trip to San Fran if you want....I’m not starting school right away so I have some free time....”

I smiled.  Michelle was the best female friend I’ve ever had.   I seriously contemplated the idea, but I really didn’t know exactly where he lived.

Me: “No I should really talk to Joel about this.  But I want to find someone who can tell me when this picture was taken.  If it was an old picture, then I really have nothing to worry about.  If it was recent, as in the last few days, then I...”

I instantly got sad at the idea that I got played yet again.  I looked towards Michelle and she was already on the phone.  I looked at the clock and factored in the time difference and decided to call Joel. 

Joel: “Hey baby!”

Me: “Hey, I miss you!”

Joel: “You have no idea how much I miss you!  I can’t wait to have you in my arms all the time.  Come home from work and see you there, baby these 7 days can’t go fast enough!”

Me: “I have a quick question for you, and I don’t want you to get mad....”

Joel: “This sounds serious baby, what’s wrong?”

Me: “I got a text from Candice tonight...it had a picture of the two of you and a few choice words.  Have you seen her since you’ve been home?”

Joel: “Wait. WHAT?  How the FUCK did she get your number?  And to answer your question NO! Baby absolutely not!  I told you that it was over, it was way over and should never have happened again....do you believe me?”

Me: “I do believe you, I can’t be played again Joel...and I told you she wouldn’t go away so easily.  This is hard enough with me leaving all my friends and family behind, but now I have this chick gunning for me...for us?!”

Joel: “Baby please don’t let her ruin this.  I will talk...”

Me: “YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!  WE will tackle that situation together.  I just wanted to hear your side before I go crazy.  I won’t lie, I was absolutely heart broken when I saw that picture.  I just don’t want to go down that road again...but I have to go....Michelle is here.  I love you and can’t wait to see you”

Joel: “I love you too baby!  Send me that picture I want to see what she sent.  I will be there for you before you know it...”

We hung up and I felt a little better.  I knew in my heart that I couldn’t put my fears of what happened with Craig on Joel, but it I think it will always be in the back of my mind. 

Michelle: “My friend Tim is going to come over and analyze that picture.  He will be here in 15 minutes.  We will find out who’s telling the truth...."

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Dun dun dun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed Nicole! I hope her heart doesn't get broken!

      Delete
  3. I don't think Joel would have asked Isabella to move with him if he was still into this chick. She's just jealous. But that's my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what we're all hoping ;)

      Delete
    2. I hope not either! But who knows what goes on in the minds of men sometimes!! Hopefully he's not a playing with her heart and feelings!

      Delete
  4. Hope she's worked on her right hook ;)

    ReplyDelete