Saturday 16 August 2014

7 days...


I awoke to Joel cooking breakfast in the kitchen; the smell was amazing and woke me up out of my slumber.  We had spent most of the evening after our pillow fight entwined with one another (wink *)).  I was sated and satisfied that I could do this ...every day with this man.  I slid out of bed and put on some yoga pants and a t-shirt.  I walked out to the kitchen tying my hair up into a messy bun; I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around him, my cheek to his back.

Me: “Do you have to go home today?”

Joel: “It’s only for a week, which gives you plenty of time to pack up and get ready to move.  I don’t like waking up without you and can’t wait to have you next to me each morning.”

Truth be told, I was a little worried about sending him back to face Candice.  I trusted him, but her I knew was not going to go away without a fight.  I sighed and pulled away, I reached for a mug to make myself some tea when he turned and pointed to the island where he had my tea waiting.  He slapped my ass, to which I squealed and tucked my hips under me, and I walked towards the island and sat down.  I sipped my tea and watched him work in the kitchen.  If this was what our life would be like in California, I could get used to it.  He produced two plates of eggs, bacon, and toast and sat across from me.   I tried to hide my nerves over him going back home, but I knew he could see right through my facade. 

Joel: “Baby what’s wrong?  Something is bugging you...”

Me: “Nothing, I am just sad you’re leaving.”

Joel: “Isabella...that’s not it and you know it.”

I sighed. I didn’t want to sound like the crazy girlfriend but I didn’t want to hide my feelings.

Me: “I am worried about Candice.  I know we’ve solidified our relationship, but given what has happened in my past and that if her answering your cell phone was any indication of how she is....”

Joel: “Isabella I am not Craig.  I know how much that hurt, and well that night with her hurt you again.  But I am not going to cheat on you. She knows who my heart belongs to....and it’s not her”

Me: “I know women like that Joel.  She’s not going to just accept it.  She is not just going to fade away....”

Joel: “Isabella you have to trust me.  I will be back for you in one week...unless you want to fly home with me tonight....”

He cocked his eyebrow and I giggled.  I did want to go with him right then, but I also wanted to pack up my belongings, and face to face talk with my boss, and I wanted a night out with my friends before I left.

Me: “You know I would love to, but I have loose ends I need to tie here.  And I want a nice dinner with my friends before I go.  So maybe we can do the dinner when you come back, so they can meet you and then we can head home.  What do you think?”

Joel: “I think I can’t wait to get you back to our home in Cali.  And I would love to meet your friends; the dinner sounds like a great idea.”

I smiled and finished up my tea and breakfast.  I knew this was going to come as quite a shock for my friends, but they have always been my biggest supporters.  And I knew they would love Joel as much as I did.  I took the empty plates to the sink, and I felt him come up behind me, nuzzling my neck with the scruff on his chin.  I turned to face him and he blocked me in with his arms, my forehead on his chin, and my arms wrapped around him.  We stood like that for what seemed like an eternity.  We both knew it wasn’t good bye, but it didn’t get any easier when he had to leave.  We still had plenty of time before he had to be at the airport, and I had decided then that I didn’t want to waste any of it. 

Me: “Can we just spend the rest of the day in the loft?  I just want to be with you, and not share you with anyone. “

Joel nodded and we made our way to the couch, he was on the bottom and I was on top snuggled into his chest, we turned on Netflix and picked a mindless comedy.  I set my stereo as the alarm, in case we fell asleep, and Joel was trailing his fingers up and down my spine.  I loved just being with him, we didn’t need to have sex, we could just be together and be content.

We must’ve drifted off to sleep because I heard the stereo go off.  I turned head and gripped him tighter; I didn’t want him to leave.  I wanted this moment to last forever.  He tickled my sides and lifted me up so he could get up and get his stuff.  I got up, and sat on the couch.  I had offered to go with him to the airport, but he declined.  He doesn’t like to see me cry and he knew that I would cry at the airport.  We went down in the elevator and I walked with him outside.  He leaned down and kissed me softly, and then the kiss got deeper as I got on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck.  I was trying to consume as much as him as I could.

He pulled away gently and hailed a cab.  He opened the door and put his bag inside and then he pulled me tight to him, he held me tight and then leaned down so we were forehead to forehead......

“Seven days Bella....Seven days until we never have to do this again...”

2 comments:

  1. So excited for bellas new adventure. Great post as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got sad for her lol.. it's so hard leaving those you love. No matter the amount of time.

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete