Monday 11 August 2014

Let the Games Begin...Pt. 2


My mom poured us both a glass of wine and she sat down in front of me.  She pushed my glass towards me and then pulled my hands away from my face.

Mom: “What’s wrong Isabella? You seem kind of confused and to be honest so am I. Where did this boy come from? You never mentioned him before, and now all of a sudden you have a boyfriend?  You are barely out of the relationship with Craig and...”

Me: “MOM STOP!! PLEASE!!”

She stopped immediately, glaring at me while I sipped my wine and looked outside to see Joel and Duane laughing while drinking their beers.  I smiled to myself and then turned back to my mom...

Me: “Look I know this is fast.  I am not blind to that.  But I am happy; can’t you just be happy for me?? No I don’t know exactly where this is going.  And I know I am barely out of that thing with Craig.  But for once someone likes me for who I am, and I don’t have to change myself to fit into their world.”

Mom: “I am happy for you.  But I don’t want to see you get hurt like your father did to me.  I just want to protect you from any heartache.  You barely know this guy and he wants to marry you?  Are you thinking about moving away?  What did Monroe say? Does Duane know?”

I now went on the defensive....I had enough.....

Me: “You can’t protect me forever!  You have to let me stand on my own two feet; I have to fail in order to grow.  And yes Monroe knows and he has stated his opinion on the situation.  No, Duane does not know and quite frankly, I am the only one who can make those decisions.  I love you all, but you have to let me make my own choices.”

My mom got up and walked to the sink, she immediately started washing what little dishes were in the sink.  This was her way of dealing with me rebelling against her.  I was half waiting for her to call Monroe ‘to talk some sense into me.’  I grabbed my wine and walked out the back door.  Joel and Duane immediately saw my face and got up and walked towards me.   Joel wrapped his arms around me and Duane looked at me then towards the house.  He knew that we must have come to an impasse.  He walked towards the house and I could hear my mom raising her voice and Duane trying to shush her.....

She’s lost her mind.  She’s going to move away with this guy and she says we can’t stop her.  What is she thinking?  She doesn’t even really know this guy and she’s ready to just leave with him?  You need to talk to her; no I will not keep it down.  I don’t care if they can hear me; someone has to be the voice of reason here.  Get the phone I am calling Monroe.  If you won't talk to her I know I can get Monroe to do it...

I looked up at Joel and shook my head.  He could hear what she was saying and he knew it didn’t go well.  I can only imagine how well she received him.  But given what she had said to me, it didn’t go well.  I pulled away from Joel and grabbed his hand and led him back towards the house.  He finished up his beer and I downed the wine in my glass.  As we opened the door the whispering stopped and my mom and Duane just stared at us.

Me: “Something to say?”  I asked in a very snarky tone.

Silence fell on the room. 

Me: “Nothing?! Ok then, we are going to check into a hotel room.  I am not going to stay here and listen to this all weekend.  I thought maybe me coming home and not trying to keep this a secret it might’ve been better, but obviously I was wrong.”

Duane: “Bella!” he said in a warning tone.

Me: “No.  Enough is enough.  I am over thirty years old and mom is treating me like I am a child.  I do not need to be coddled or “Gently guided into the right direction” I am going to do what I want for once.”

I walked away and towards the stairs.  Joel followed behind me and went to pack his stuff.  I was packing when Duane came in and closed the door.

Duane: “Look don’t do this, not now.  Stay here for tonight and then if you want to leave in the morning I will take you both to a hotel.  Don’t leave like this Bella...”

Me: “Don’t do that to me.  She chose a side and it clearly wasn’t mine.  Did she send you up here to stop me? “

Duane: “What if I can convince her to let you two stay in the same room?”

Me: “Are you nuts? She will NEVER let that happen...”

Duane: “Give me 10 minutes....if I can’t convince her I will drive you both myself.”

Me: “Ok there Mom-Whisperer....I am still going to pack, you aren’t THAT good...”

He opened the door and sighed.  He knew he was in for one hell of a fight and it would probably last a lot longer than 10 minutes.  I finished packing my stuff and grabbed my bag.  I walked towards the guest room and then threw my bag on the floor of the room.  I walked up behind Joel and wrapped my arms around him and kissed his back.  He looked over his shoulder and smiled at me....

Joel: “I am almost ready baby, are you?”

Me: “We have to wait 10 minutes....Duane is going to bat with the lady downstairs...”

As I said that I pushed his duffel on the floor and turned him around and pushed him on the bed.  He looked at me shocked and mouthed what are you doing?  They are right downstairs....I smiled and crawled up his body and kissed him deeply.   Joel didn’t know what to do at first but then he kissed me back, and rolled us over so he was on top.  I could feel his hardness through his jeans, and man I had never wanted him more.  We heard a knock at the door and we groaned and pulled away from each other.  I opened the door and there was Duane...

Me: “Well?”

Duane: “I am surprised you didn’t hear her banging the cupboards shut.  But she has agreed that it is late and that you two can stay in the same room this evening.  But I had to promise to get you to talk to her again tomorrow.  So Joel we are going to have to escape tomorrow before world war 3 breaks out.....”

I hugged Duane and laughed.  I knew he had to have promised a hell of a lot more than just that.  Hopefully none of his promises involved me.  Joel shook his hand and thanked him.  I shut the door and leaned on it while looking up at Joel.  I didn’t want to disrespect my mother, but I needed to blow off some steam...and by the look in Joel’s eyes and the bulge in his pants....I knew he did too....

1 comment:

  1. What is up with twenty something's who still need their mommies? Loved the blog till her mom came into the picture.

    ReplyDelete