Monday 1 September 2014

...Tells All


I paced around the living room drinking my wine, I was nervous.  What if this was a really recent picture?  What if he was playing with my heart?  What if I move and have no safety net?!  I started to panic...I went to the freezer and pulled out a cigarette.  I hadn’t had one since I had ran into Craig at the restaurant.  I walked out onto the balcony and lit it up.  I felt nicotine rush my body, and calm my nerves.  I was glad I didn’t partake in this nasty habit often!

I walked back inside and saw Michelle grab a beer.  She’s not really a wine drinker, so I knew right away that the beers were for her.  She was just about to come out on the balcony when I came back in.

Michelle: “He should be here soon.  I know you’re nervous, but come on, it’s Joel not Craig.”

Me: “I know you’re right.  And I don’t want to second guess myself or him.  But it really is hard to get over stuff like this.  I don’t want to think this way, but after what I’ve been through...”

Michelle: “Stop Bella! You can either trust him with your whole heart or you can’t.  And if you can’t, then you have to let him go.  It’s not fair to him or to you.  You didn’t have these doubts until that bitch came along.   I believe he loves you and I believe that nothing has happened recently.”

I nodded with her and then heard the buzzer, which caused me to jump a little bit.  She put her beer down on the window edge and walked over to the elevator and buzzed him in.  She took my pass by the door and went down to get him.  I checked my phone and saw Joel was waiting for me to send the picture.  I told him I would in a few minutes but I wanted to know how she got my phone number...to which he didn’t know but would find out.

Michelle and Tim came upstairs and she made introductions.  Tim was very shy, dressed in all black and tight black jeans.  His hair was dark black and hid part of his face.

Tim: “Hey”

Michelle: “So Tim, we need your professional help, you are good at this crap.  Bella has a photo that she needs to know when it was taken.  It was sent to her by some chick.  Think you can figure that out?”

Tim just nodded and held out his hand for the phone.  I opened up the text and the n handed it to him.  Michelle went to the kitchen and put the ice cream away, and on her way back grabbed him a beer. Tim sat on the couch and was typing away on my phone.  He didn’t say much, but flicked his hair out of his face a few times.  He nodded silently to Michelle when she put the beer down in front of him, and he just continued to type away.  He eventually reached for his beer and took a swig before setting it down.

Tim: “Ok this picture was taken about 8 months ago. Do you want to know where and what time?”

I sighed relieved and then shook my head.  That was all I needed to know.  I hugged Michelle tightly and told her to promise not to say anything to Joel.  I don’t want to come across as the crazy girlfriend, not yet anyway.  She nodded and Tim finished his beer and then smiled. 

Me: “Thank you so much Tim!  You don’t even know how much this meant to me!”

Tim nodded and got up, nodding to Michelle that he wanted to go.  I noticed the twinkle in Michelle’s eye; I knew that look and planned to ask her about it later.  Tim was a man of few words, but a technological genius in my eyes.  Now I am sure that I could’ve googled how to do it, but I am not tech savvy.  I probably would’ve done something to my phone that long term would’ve messed it up. I yelled goodbye to Tim as Michelle walked him out and took him down in the elevator.  I texted Joel the picture and then put my phone back down.  I had the reassurance I needed, and was now more than ready to move. 

I poured myself another glass of wine and turned on the stereo.  I heard the elevator come back up and I got up to grab a cold beer from the fridge for Michelle. 

Me: “I can’t thank you enough Michelle!! You put my mind at such ease with the help of Tim!”

Michelle: “Um you’re welcome...”

I thought her answer was kind of off, as I walked around the corner and saw her standing there, very ridged.

Me: “What’s wrong Michelle?”

Her eyes shifted towards the elevator and when I looked I dropped the which shattered on the floor...and stared...

 

 

“I think it’s about time we talked...”

 

8 comments:

  1. Craig?? Chloe?
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you didnt!!! You cant just leave us hanging like that until your next post. Unless your next post is today (Tuesday). Shit I cant remember your posting schedule at the moment lol. Grrrrrrr lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol J!
      I don't really have a schedule. Some times it's mwf others it's tu/th. Just depends on when I finish a post.
      I will try not to torture my readers too long lol

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking it's the girl she's worried he cheated with

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is that she had an affair with craig.. can i say a Cliffhanger urrrrrr i can't wait !!!

    ReplyDelete