Monday 6 October 2014

Home Is Where Your BFF Is...


I want to thank all the readers for being patient with me.  I actually finished this post that I started way back in September.  After really just isolating myself and reading fiction book after fiction book and romance novel after romance novel, I came out of hiding and finished the post...sort of  :)
Duane looked at me questioningly.  I smiled politely and hooked my arm through Monroe’s while we walked out to the car.  Trevor walked behind us and Duane helped him with the bags.  Monroe and I fell back into our old routine; which consisted of us acting like an old married couple.  Trevor seemed thrown, not only by my introduction, but by how close Monroe and I were.

We got to the car and threw in the luggage and Monroe climbed into the back, Trevor followed suit.  I could hear faint whispering in the back between them; what did she mean when she asked you Trevor is it?  I don’t know.  I didn’t realize how close you two were, I just thought she was your beard or something.  Don’t ever say that about her... she is family.  Maybe we should talk at your place.

I am guessing that Trevor didn’t realize that Monroe’s place...is where I am currently living.  So when Duane drove into visitor’s parking and we all got out and started walking towards the building, Trevor shot Monroe a look of WTF?!

I dug out my pass and scanned it and we rose silently in the elevator, Trevor was glaring at Monroe who just ignored him.  When we got to our floor Duane slide the gate up and let everyone in before closing the door. 

M: “AHH! Home Sweet Home!!”

Me: “Duane why don’t you move your stuff into my room, and then Monroe and Trevor can stay in his old room.  I changed the sheets and everything, so it’s nice and fresh for you two.”

Duane went down the hall and moved his bag into my room and Monroe showed Trevor to their room.  The door was closed and I knew Trevor was about to go off.  I don’t think Monroe has disclosed everything to him yet...oh to be a fly on the wall of that room.  Raised whispers were occasionally heard through the door, so Duane and I grabbed some drinks from the fridge and moved out on to the balcony.  We were sitting and enjoying the Indian summer we were having when I heard a door slam and out walked Monroe.

Me: “Everything ok?”

M: “Peachy keen.  Trevor is just acting like a queen.  He has some concerns, like why you would ask him his name again, why you lived here, blah, blah, blah.” Monroe rolled his eyes after the last part.  “He is going to have a nap and or cool down before he comes back out here.  I warned him that if he doesn’t he might as well catch the next flight out...alone.  But what WAS that all about Bella?”

Me: “Monroe he looks like that guy who has been in all the magazines.  You know they call him Mister Hollywood.  The guy who has been latching himself onto stars and designers...”

M: “You read too many rag mags!  He isn’t the same person, and why would he be with me?  I am not a designer yet...”

I shrugged Monroe new best. I decided it best to let it go, I didn’t want to argue with my bff.  I was just glad to have him home.  I looked over at Duane who was falling asleep in the chair, and sent him to bed in my room.  Monroe and I sat on the balcony for hours while he regaled me with stories of being in fashion and all the stars he’s met. 

After a few hours Monroe went to the bedroom and I could hear more whispers and the mention of my name.  When they walked out together Monroe took the pass I had out and left with him.  They returned about an hour later; arms full of groceries.  Trevor even warmed up to me, and he apologized for his behaviour citing lack of sleep and caffeine.  I nodded I could relate on both counts.  I apologized for my behaviour at the airport, referencing his same reasoning.  Monroe smiled, and I knew it made him relax now that we were trying to get along.    I asked if I could help and they both banished me to the island and told me they were cooking dinner tonight.  I was still on high alert with this guy, but I wasn’t going to let it show.

I watched them move with grace in the kitchen, making a couple of different dishes.  Monroe knows I have a super weakness for pasta and Duane was a meat and potatoes guy. 

Trevor: “So Isabella, Monroe tells me you’re moving to California?”

Me: “Well that is kind of the plan, though given recent happenings...”

Trevor: “What recent happenings? All I got out of him, nodding towards Monroe, was ‘I have to leave within the next day or even tonight.  My girl is in trouble and I have to get to her...’  When he said his girl, I was starting to wonder if he was one of those down low married guys....” he ribbed Monroe who stuck his tongue out at him.

Me: “Well long story short; I was to be married, my fiancée cheated on me with my best friend for 6 months.  We caught them in what was to be my home.  I left; he is still holding a torch and has now gone crazy stalker with my new boyfriends ex.”

D: “Oh now he’s your boyfriend? He was your fiancé last night...”  Duane said as he came out rubbing his eyes, wearing only his sweats.  I saw Trevor do the look over and his jaw drop a little bit.

Me: “Ok whatever, I was tired and stressed.  Fiancé...boyfriend...whatever; point is, I don’t know whether this move is going to happen.  I don’t know what Candice is up to, and me being 3000 miles away isn’t helping.  Unless...”  I said looking at Duane, maybe this was the time I could talk to him about moving.

D: “Why are you looking at me like that...are you asking me to go with you?!  Bella I can’t just move, I have a life here too.”

I sighed.  I didn’t think he would just up and move with me, but I was getting more and more scared to go alone.  And I was going to be ALONE.  I had no one that I was entirely comfortable with out there.  Monroe was in New York, Duane was here, and my friends were here...all I would have out there is Joel.

I excused myself and went to my bedroom and sat on the bed.  I looked around at everything that I had already packed.  I know I only live once, but I was starting to really rethink this.  Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.  This was such a whirlwind romance with Joel.  Everything was happening so fast; maybe too fast.  Maybe I needed to rein this one in and drag my feet.  I knew I loved Joel, but did I love him enough to leave everyone else I love?

I walked back out to the kitchen sat down on a stool and blurted out...

 

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! Youre back! Does this mean youre back for good??

    I know its quick and all but I think she should go. Might actually be easier out there cus her ex wouldnt be able to be there all the time. And if she hates it.. its not like she cant move back. Plus.. its easier to fight this battle along side him than without him near. Just my 2 cents lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you just move to the US without any citizenship issues? She won't be able to work, doesn't that put a lot of pressure on the relationship, Joel would have to support her, seems like a poor idea to me, I would never want to be that dependent especially in a new relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see this post up! :)

    http://lifebysarahxo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure she lives in the US...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No she lives in canada. So I'm curious how this immigration thing will work too.

      Delete
  5. She live in Toronto

    ReplyDelete