Friday 17 October 2014

Driving home...


T: “Bella, you are not at fault for the demise of your relationship with Craig.  He did that all on his own by cheating on you.  He aided in the demise of another relationship, the one you had with Chloe.  They both made conscious decisions, it’s not like they trip and fell into having sex.  They both violated your trust, love and your health by screwing around.  As for his outburst, he’s just gone absolutely crazy with jealousy.  He thought it would be so easy to get you back, and now he is realizing that he can’t.  So he is grasping at straws trying anyway to keep you from being happy with anyone but him.  Which we both know is not the case.  As for you moving, I can tell you have had and are still having reservations about it.  And no one can tell you whether it is right or wrong but you.  But what I can suggest is that you talk to Joel about this. I know he is expecting you to go down this weekend and not leave, but I think you need to just talk.”

I nodded along with what he was saying.  He was very non judgemental about the whole thing.  I thought he may have more judgement, but he pretty much said everything that most people had already said to me.

T: “Now you need to stop second guessing Joel’s fidelity.  He hasn’t given you reason to not trust him, and from what Monroe had told me about him, he loves you completely.  I know it is hard not to carry baggage, but you have to believe in him or your relationship will never work.  Now I am by no means judging you with my next statement...but maybe you guys did jump into bed too fast.  But who hasn’t done that?!  Most of us can only wish we got a great, sexy, protective partner out of it.  I don’t know him personally, but I would love to meet him.  If there is one thing I can read...it’s a man.  When is he set to arrive?”

I shrugged at him, because truthfully I didn’t know.  I thought I would’ve heard from him by now.  But I checked again and there weren’t any missed calls from him, no texts; which I started to worry about.  He was good about letting me know where he was.  Maybe he was there already and the boys were filling him in on my breakdown.

Me: “Thank you Trevor, I really appreciate you coming along and letting me talk your ear off.  And for all the advice you’ve given me.  I really appreciate it.  And I want to apologize for being such a bitch when you first arrived.  I am not used to sharing Monroe, and well I get a little selfish.  I am glad he has found someone like you to share his life with, you must be either special or crazy to have gotten that man tied down.”  I giggled after my last statement.

Trevor laughed as he knew it was true. I am sure that Monroe has told him maybe half of how much a man whore he was.  Truth be told Monroe has a colourful history to say the least. But that is a story best told by Monroe.  We finished up our drinks and decided to head back to the loft...but we went the long way.  I showed Trevor the CN Tower and Rogers Centre (formerly the Sky Dome), and on our way back Trevor was telling me about growing up in New Jersey and about Carlo’s bakery, which was making my mouth water; I had always wanted to go there.  I now had a serious craving for sweets, so we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some Betty Crocker cake mix and icing to make our own. 

We found ourselves back in front of the loft and I hugged Trevor tightly.  Though I did think his advice was a little sugar coated, he was still very nice and had some good insights.  We wandered into the building and headed up in the elevator.  When we got inside Monroe had finished cooking but both him and Duane were sitting silently on the couch watching TV.  As we approached there was a news break live from just outside of Detroit. 

Huge 20 car pileup shutting down the I-80 east.  No news as to what caused this pileup, but we have been told there are at least two dead and several injured.  Stay tuned for more breaking news...

I was wondering why everyone was quiet, I didn’t know if Joel was driving up or not, but I still had not heard from him.  I looked at my phone and then I looked at both of them and they were stark white. 

Duane: “Bella...Joel was driving up...”

3 comments:

  1. NO! No no no no no no no!!! NNOOOO!! Oh God please dont kill of Joel or make him seriously injured or something!! Just no. OMG I will seriously spit fire if you do that to me (oh yeah and Bella too.... Whatever lol)

    Im putting my foot down. NO! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spit fire you say?! Maybe I should just so you can YouTube that moment.lol ;)

      Delete
  2. Good one, Bella. My mom is from Alabama, and used to always use that expression!

    ReplyDelete