Monday 9 June 2014

Picture Perfect?


**May 2013**
“Who was that?”  I asked as he quickly shoved his phone into his pocket.

“Oh it was just my mom” he said as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him.   I saw his eyes darken and he started to bite his lower lip, looking down at me wrapped in just a sheet. I felt him grow hard against my belly and his grip got tighter and his hands went lower around my ass and he squeezed.  He leaned down and kissed and sucked on my neck as I leaned into him, one hand still gripping the sheet closed around my naked body.

“Let go of the sheet” he said huskily.  I looked around and was nervous, biting my lower lip, goosebumps had started covering my body.  Craig lightly put his hand over mine and massaged my hand to let the sheet go.  I looked up into his blue eyes as she sheet fell away from me and pooled at my feet.  My nipples becoming erect from the cool ocean air, he looked down and groaned from deep inside.  A sound I have come to know and resonates through me to my core.  I feel his grip grow tighter around my thighs as he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around him.  He carried me inside our suite and straight to our bedroom.  Craig laid me down slowly on the bed and quickly removed his shirt and shorts.  He crawled back over top of me and slides inside quickly.  I groaned as he filled me and he was thrusting quickly and roughly bringing me to the brink quickly.  I swear I saw stars as I came hard around him, he held still and deep inside me and as I started to come down he started thrusting again harder.  He pulled out and flipped me over and grabbed my hair and thrust into me fast, I felt another orgasm building up inside me as he reached around and rubbed me.  I exploded and he pushed deep inside and came with me with a loud groan.  After we collapsed on the bed Craig withdrew and pulled me close.  Both of us out of breath and in our post orgasmic bliss, I finally felt we had found what we were missing.  We just needed to spend more time together, no contracts or wedding planning; just us.

We spent the rest of the week either sunbathing, or wrapped around each other.  I was so sad that we had to leave and go back to reality.  He was in the shower as I packed up our stuff, and I heard his phone ring.  I grabbed it and saw it was Chloe (my best friend).  I shrugged as I answered it:

“Hey Chloe!  How are you?”

The line went silent as I repeated

“Chloe? Are you there?”

 She stuttered “OH Sorry! How are you Bella? How is the vacation?”

I giggled and said it was amazing and that we had finally reconnected and it was back to the way it was.  I didn’t even think to question why she was calling Craig; since I knew she had his number in case of emergency when we were out.   I half wondered if Craig and she were planning some kind of surprise for the wedding, she was one of the bridesmaids after all.  We made some small talk before she hung up and Craig came out of the shower.  He saw the phone in my hand and he went white. 

I handed him his phone and said nothing, just continued to pack as he paced around almost scared to ask who called.  When I looked at him, I knew something was off and just blurted out “It was just Chloe, maybe she was trying to get a hold of me but I didn’t bring my phone.  Are you two planning something?”

He laughed it off and said “it’s nothing” and proceeded to get dressed.  Craig knew how to distract me and came up behind me, smiled as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck “I Love YOU Bella, don’t ever forget that”.   I smiled and playfully pushed him away and finished our packing so we could make it to the airport on time.  A quick cab ride and a bumpy air flight later we were home and unpacking.

I turned on my phone and had a few messages from Monroe saying he was in town and wanted to see me as soon as possible.  I called him to let him know I was back and he wanted to come over.  I told Craig he was coming and he said it was good timing because he wanted to run to the office to make sure that the deal went through.  I thought it was odd, as it was a Sunday, but what do I know about stuff like this.

An hour later Monroe had showed up at my door and looked stressed out.  I quickly invited him in and opened a bottle of wine. 

“What’s wrong? Why do you look like you are about to ...” I didn’t even finish the sentence when he blurted out loud

“CRAIG AND CHLOE ARE FUCKING BEHIND YOUR BACK!!”

I was shell shocked.  We had just come back from vacation, we were getting married, and they wouldn’t do this to me. 

“No Monroe, you’re wrong.  They can’t be.”  I heard my voice shake and tears well up.  Monroe had always been a straight shooter with me.  And I knew he would never lie to me, what did he have to gain from it?! 

“Bella, I’ve been in town for a week trying to find you.  Courtney told me you two went on a pre-honeymoon.  I didn’t know how to tell you but a few of my friends have been seeing them all over town the last few months.  I tried to deny it to them too.  That is until they started sending me pictures.  Bella...think about it.....he’s been pulling away for the last little while; Chloe has not helped once with planning anything, she’s always busy.  Yea busy on her knees....” He stated that last bit dripping with sarcasm and venom. 

We were about 1 month until the wedding.  I sat down next to Monroe; I was white as a sheet and drank my whole glass of wine.  “Let me see the pictures.”  He hesitated until I glared at him with daggers, he knew not to mess with me at that point and pulled out his phone and flipped through picture after picture of Craig and Chloe with their tongues down each other’s throats at various bars downtown.  The tears started pouring down my cheeks.  I started to get mad at myself thinking it how stupid I was.   How could I not see this happening?  I started to cry harder and was a loss for words.  Between sobs I asked him to email the photos to me.  He hesitated but knew I had to have evidence to confront Craig. 

We sat on the couch, my head on his shoulder “What am I going to do now?”

Monroe sat up and said “Well we are going to print out those pictures.  And leave a short note.  Pack a bag and you and I are going away.  Tell your boss you need some personal time and I’m calling in some favours you are not staying here where he can talk his way out of this.”  He got up off the couch and moved to our computer and printed out the pictures.  He strategically laid them out on the dining room table, all the while I am sitting on the couch, sobbing. 

“Bella come on, he will be back soon.  We have to get out of here.  Write that note say something like I hope she was worth it....I am packing up your bag.  COME ON GIRL!”  I started giggling as he started to bring out his flamboyant side in that last sentence.  I wrote out a short but sweet note to him:

Dear Craig,

Thank you for the lovely vacation. It served as a great distraction from your “contract” and my wedding planning.  Looks like you had quite a bit of “negotiating” to do with the client.  Maybe one should be more careful where one chooses to wine and dine clients.  Oh wait that’s not a client, that’s my BEST FRIEND!

I hope she was worth it. 

Isabella

I contemplating leaving the ring on the table too, but I decided it was not going to end up on that trolls finger.  Monroe comes speeding around the corner with my suitcase, a few things still hanging out of the zippers.  I grabbed my purse and made sure I had my passport, wallet and cell phone, we made our way to the door.  I opened it as I slid on my sunglasses and there stood Craig, keys in hand. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Ohh ! This was worth the wait ! Crazy Crazy Crazy !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking to see if I'm posting! I am glad you thought it was worth the wait!! Sometimes I get so busy with life that I often forget to post.
      I like to add and delete and post myself rather that schedule posts. But I am getting writing more so hopefully I can keep a schedule soon.

      Delete
  2. Cheating bastard! Ugh! I felt like that was coming. I hope she punches the jerk right in the face.
    You're a great writer!

    http://lovelifela.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment!! I honestly have not written since I was in high school. I was hoping my grammar and spelling wouldn't have disappeared after all these years.
      I read your blog and I love it!

      Delete